What are we going to learn?
In this lesson, we will explore what the settings are, where to find them, and the different types of settings available. You will also learn how to change the settings on your iPhone to customize various aspects of its functionality and operation.
What are settings?
Settings are the phone’s control center where we can control and customize the inner workings of the iPhone.
- Changing the language
- Brightness of the screen
- Size of the font
And many other things…
What different types of settings are there?
More than we can write in a single paragraph, but the most important ones are
- Connectivity options (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular data)
- Sounds and alerts (e.g. ringtones, notifications)
- General settings (e.g. display and brightness, wallpapers, storage)
- Accessibility settings (e.g. text size, voice guidance, touch accommodations)
- Privacy settings (e.g. location services, app permissions)
- Security settings (e.g. passcode, biometric authentication)
- App-specific settings (e.g. settings for individual apps installed on the phone)
- Software update options (e.g. checking for and installing updates)
We will learn about most of these later on.
How to change settings?
Easy, enter the settings menu using the settings icon:
Then, select the category you want to change and the option.
- Display and brightness
- Auto lock (So that the screen doesn’t turn off so fast)
In the next lesson, we will learn about notifications.
✨SEE YOU NEXT TIME ✨